We are a member of the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection (ICO) number is "ZA920577".
1.0 - How this policy applies to you
When you visit our websites, we will capture your IP address, time and duration of your visit. This information may be tied to you.
2.0 - What information we collect
We collect a range of Personal Information regarding the Customer. This includes:
- Information you provide us while registering for an account or purchasing a service. This may include, email addresses, first name, last name, company name, address, phone number and payment information,
- Emails and other communications that you send or give to us via live-chat, Customer support tickets, email or any other communication means.
- Information you share with us in connection with promotions, contests or surveys.
- Technical information from your use of our Sites and Services and/or users Sites. This includes: Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, network and device (such as browser type and version, internet Service provider, information about your browser, operating system, preference settings, language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Service and our users' Sites and Services (timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions,
referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors etc.).
- Your marketing & newsletter preferences.
- Other information you submit to us directly or information we may obtain through your use of third-party services.
3.0 - How we collect information
We obtain Personal Information from various sources.
- The customer provides it to the company (VoltHosting) - such as registering an account or purchasing a service.
- Automatic recording when you use our websites, Services - including with technologies like cookies and analytics
- We receive some of it from third parties - such as payment processors PayPal or Stripe.
4.0 - Information we do not collect
As a company we do not collect some information that other providers may collect. Such as:
- Age Information (Date of Birth) without a valid legal requirement to do so. This may occur in regards to security, abuse, safety or legal obligation. We do knowingly collect information of any person under the age of consent. If we discover somebody under that age, their service or account will be subject to suspension or termination. We may attempt to get parental consent.
- Sex Information (Sexuality, Gender, Sex Preference).
- Genetic Data
- Racial Data, Ethnic Origin
- Heath Data
- Political Opinions
- Criminal Offence Data
- Religious Beliefs (Religious or Philosophical)
5.0 - How we use collected information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- For payment purposes
- To provide customer support
- Account Management
- Provisioning & Maintaining a Service
- To announce special offers or provide service updates or changes
- Communicating with Customers
- Marketing, Surveys & Promotions
- To improve our service
- Tailoring Services to the Customer
- Demographics, for example, we may gather information from user surveys to be submitted into demographic data.
- Ensuring the Availability & Security of our Systems & Services
- Policy and Agreement Enforcement
- Compliance with the Law
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:
- An law enforcement or regulatory agency at their request;
- A person or company who acquires our business;
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential;
- As otherwise needed to protect or enforce or rights or the rights of others.
- To protecting us, you and others.
We absolutely do not transfer or sell your information for inclusion on third party e-mail or other marketing lists.
6.0 - Information Retention
We may collect anonymised information during the course of providing the service which may be retained indefinitely.
7.0 - Cookies
8.0 - Changes To Policy's
Like the majority of companies. We make changes to our legal framework. We are not obligated to inform the customer of changes made to the policy. It is the customers responsibility to check these conditions frequently. However, we may make a attempt to inform parties within seven days prior to any changes taking effect.
9.0 - Your Rights
You have the right to the below:
- Obtain a copy of your data on request
- Request us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- The right to request the company to delete or stop processing your data
- Object to the processing of your data
- Ability to elect to not receive marketing communications.
Please note, if you choose to exercise your rights. There is likely to be a delay in deleting or altering your personal information from our systems. We also will retain some Personal Information to comply with law and to protect us.
10.0 - Where we store your information
We are a UK operating company, therefor your data is stored within the UK. Sometimes some services require us to transfer data outside of the UK, such as Domain Registration.